Last updated: 1 Mar 2008
Institute of Technology computing, communication and network devices
("Institute devices") are for
authorized use only. Individuals using Institute devices without
authority, or in excess of their authority, are subject to having all of their
activities on Institute devices monitored and recorded by system personnel.
In the course of monitoring individuals improperly using Institute devices, or in the
course of Institute device maintenance, the activities of authorized users may also be
Anyone using these devices expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if
such monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, system personnel may
provide the evidence of such monitoring to law enforcement officials.
Rules and Guidelines
Please follow these rules and state guidelines to keep the labs safe, clean, and
productive. For additional information, refer to
Important UW Technology Guidelines
- DO be sensitive to the public nature of shared facilities
- DO follow the posted rules
- DO NOT bring food into the area
- DO NOT copy and/or use software, images, music, or other intellectual property unless you are certain that you have the right to do so. (See the page on software copyright policy for more details.)
- DO NOT create excessive noise at anytime or play games when others are waiting for a workstation
- DO NOT play games or use Internet Relay Chat (IRC) on any of the other C&C (or CSS) machines. Games are made available and supported by student volunteers, but only on the student simulation machine named Becker.
- DO NOT display on-screen images, sounds, or messages that could create an atmosphere of discomfort or harassment for others
UWT Institute of Technology Lab Guidelines
- DO use headphones, with the volume turned down low enough so that other students cannot hear.
- Key cards:
- DO NOT print materials not related to the currently enrolled Institute of
- DO throw away any trash before leaving the lab
|1 Mar 2008
||Added section on "Authorized Use"
|21 Feb 2007
||Included all labs and PNK130; removed Computing and Software Systems emphasis;
updated HTML code, added this section and "Last updated:" field;
|27 Sep 2004